Re: [SCICHR] Leading science-and-faith discussions at our

Steven Schimmrich (schimmrich@earthlink.net)
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 09:32:25 -0500

At 05:20 PM 2/13/98 -0500, Loren Haarsma wrote:

>I suspect that quite a few of us would be willing to lead science-and-
>faith discussions or Sunday school classes at our churches, but we are
>daunted by the barriers in getting such a class going. I'd like start a
>thread of ideas on how to overcome those barriers.

Great topic! It's something I've also thought about but haven't had the
opportunity to do.

>2) Preparation time can be drastically reduced if you start with
>prepared material. Unfortunately, I don't know of any commercially
>available.

If anyone does know of any commercially available prepared material,
I'd love to hear about that also.

>But I will gladly give out the notes from the classes my wife and I
>taught at Park Street Church last year. It was a six-week class, and
>the notes are quite detailed (including a bibliography and handouts).

Any chance you could post them Loren?

>Does anyone else have similar notes that they're willing to share?

If they do, feel free to post them to SCICHR. I would think a lot of
people would be interested.

- Steve.

--   Steven H. Schimmrich              Assistant Professor of Geology

Physical Sciences Department schimmri@kutztown.edu (office) Kutztown University schimmrich@earthlink.net (home) 217 Grim Science Building 610-683-4437, 610-683-1352 (fax) Kutztown, Pennsylvania 19530 http://home.earthlink.net/~schimmrich/