Re: Again to Moorad

Jan de Koning (dekoning@idirect.com)
Sat, 07 Feb 1998 10:35:28 -0500

At 01:25 PM 06/02/98 -0500, Moorad Alexanian wrote:

>Dear Jan,
>
>One of my favorite chapter in Scripture is John 9. The blind man facing the
>inquisition of the Pharisees says: "....Whether He is a sinner, I do not
>know; one thing I do know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see." John 9:25.
>It is the simplicity of this verse vis a vis the depth of the questions
>being asked that always impressed me. I believe that much of the discussions
>we Christians undertake are of this type. We refuse to acknowledge and
>glorify God and instead attempt to understand all with our feeble minds with
>no sense of humility. I suppose you would also be annoyed at Christ when He
>spoke in parables.
>
>Take care,
>
>Moorad

Dear Moorad,

Again, that is something we all say in certain circumstances, and all the
time. Still, I believe that you and I are sinners, which means that we
have to try to understand each other. Your text quoting does not further
any discussion. Since you are a sinner like the rest of us, we have to
watch each other, and point out where we go wrong. Therefor I say, that
you use a Scripture exegesis based on an unbiblical philosophy. The Bible
is not a book full of propositions, where we can pull texts out of their
context to refuse to answer any existing questions. Since you use the
Bible as a book full of propositions, you miss much of the richness of
what the Bible says. If you cannot answer any statements, acknowledge
that. I will gladly confess, that I "with my feeble mind" do not
understand everything, but I am fully convinced that God in the book of
nature, nor in the book of Scripture, is trying to fool us. Humility goes
both ways. That is why I objected to the way you stopped answering
Burgeson. If you don't know, acknowledge that.

Jan de Koning
Willowdale, Ont.