Re: We are losing. Big time.

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 16:57:45 -0600

At 03:48 PM 1/17/98 -0700, John W. Burgeson wrote:

>I guess I'm frustrated. I stand in awe and admiration for what my ICR
>friends are doing -- I think their science is flawed -- but their
>marketing seems to be superb. And my non-theist friends are equally
>successful -- all they need to do is attack the YEC/ICR arguments and
>walk away successful. With very little exception, the message of "we,"
>that there are other positions than YEC and non-theist, is not reaching
>many people.
>
>We are losing. Big time.
>
>Kudos to those trying to turn the tide. To George and Glenn and Loren and
>Stephen and Brian and many many others I've met on these LISTSERVs.
>Would that you could be cloned! < G >
>
>But
>
>We are still losing.

Sadly, I must agree. I agreed with a friend's assertion a few weeks ago
that YEC would be dead in a generation. But since then several
circumstances have convinced me that I was delerious at the moment I offered
my agreement. I think the problem is that you cannot sell what people don't
want. Most Christians don't want the earth to be old, don't want evolution,
don't want science and don't want the modern problems they view science has
visited upon us. Given this, it is no wonder we are losing.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood