Re: theistic-friendly science

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 15:07:04 -0500

Moorad Alexanian wrote:

> I have no doubt that there is an underlying math pattern which attests to
> the rationality of nature that is "explained" by the "hypothesis" of an
> Intelligent Designer. Non theists have no such explanation. It is
> self-evident to me that such a fundamental explanation will never come from
> science--science will always have to presuppose the rationality of nature.
> God is the Creator, the Creator is God.

I agree. Science cannot _prove_ the universe to be rational.
It must take that as a matter of faith (though not necessarily "stake
your life on it" faith in the sense in which we speak about
justification through faith) & every success of science gives greater
plausibility to that belief. But Christianity offers a fundamental
reason for such belief in the doctrine of God's free creation through
the divine Logos.

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@imperium.net
http://www.imperium.net/~gmurphy