Re: > PC vs. TE (Will it ever end?)

Jan de Koning (dekoning@idirect.com)
Wed, 07 Jan 1998 14:18:28 -0500

Do I read it right? Was Augustine the first man, who brought on us the
results of the original sin?
I don't know what 50%of readers on this list are, but I do know I am not
the only Christian Reformed Calvinist on it, who believes that we all
sinned in Adam, and that the earth in its entirety suffered because of it.
Only through the suffering of our Lord Jesus Christ we will be able to see
the New Earth.
The Bible tells us clearly, that through Adam's sin the earth was
condemned. It is exactly for that reason that we can say, that we do not
live on a perfect earth, and that it does not make sense to say that this
earth is intelligently designed. Our daily human sin makes this a very
imperfect earth. How are we going to decide which qualities of our earth
are destroyed by sin?
As I have often said before, the first eleven chapters of the bible are not
necessarily history in the modern sense of the word. They are history of
the church allright, but it does not mean that we understand each word as
it should be understood. The Christian Reformed Church had a study
committee on these things, reporting to its 1991 synod. Please, try to get
a copy of it before accusing Augustine.
No, it will never stop,if we don't listen to each other.