Re: >Re: asa-digest V1 #691

George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Tue, 06 Jan 1998 20:52:46 -0500

Eduardo G. Moros wrote:

> >how open are Johnson _et
> > al_ to the possibility of something like Crick's "directed panspermia" -
> > which is ultimately a naturalistic explanation?
> >
> > George L. Murphy
>
> I don't agree here at all. I view directed panspermia as a deferral of the
> issue of the origin of life. Wherever in the universe life did start
> (assuming it did) a question can always be made, was it naturalistically or
> divinely started?

I'm not sure what or who you're disagreeing with. Yes, directed
panspermia just puts off the question of origin of life. I was
responding to the suggestion that ID might not require anything
"supernatural" by saying that I doubted that many ID proponents would be
satisfied with this sort of penultimate ID

George L. Murphy
gmurphy@imperium.net
http://www.imperium.net/~gmurphy