Re: Reduction

James Mahaffy (mahaffy@dordt.edu)
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:38:53 -0600 (CST)

Folks,

Oh the joys of having the right bookmarks. It may have been published
elsewhere but Peter Steen's thesis according to University Microfilm
is: THE IDEA OF RELIGIOUS TRANSCENDENCE IN THE PHILOSOPHY OF HERMAN
DOOYEWEERD, WITH REFERENCE TO ITS SIGNIFICANCE FOR REFORMED THEOLOGY..
STEEN, PETER JUNIOR, THD. WESTMINSTER THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, 1970. 360 pp.

In any case, even if my background was originally American
Presbyterianism, the Dutch theologians and or philosophers that Jan
mentioned are pretty good thinkers. And that is not because I teach in
a college that has a lot of folks of ethnic Dutch background.

-- James F. Mahaffy                   e-mail: mahaffy@dordt.eduBiology Department                 phone: 712 722-6279Dordt College                      FAX 712 722-1198Sioux Center, Iowa 51250