Re: >Re: Wells and Nelson's article

Eduardo G. Moros (moros@castor.wustl.edu)
Tue, 06 Jan 1998 09:38:00 -0600

Hello Murphy and ASAers,

I would like to read your Zygon article once is published, please let me know
how to get it. I guess the other title of yours is a book, I would appreciate
more info on it.

I understand precisely our idolatrous tendencies, our constant, nagging, and
draining sinful nature. I agree with your view of Romans 1. But, I also
think that the "suppressing" of the truth is exactly what the naturalists are
doing. By their nature they suppress the truth and they know it. I believe
this suppressing is a conscious act. They will keep this line of action (as
we would) forever unless the Holy Spirit changes their nature anew.

What the IDers are doing may be view as a Natural Theology, I don't believe it
is. IMO, I think they are pressing the issue that the Universe and Life are
too complex, too beautiful, too grand to have come into existence by purely
naturalistic means --> No God Nowhere. I think they want the naturalists to
admit the possibility of the supernatural. ID may evolve in more ways than
one - Behe's position will not be the only one I predict. Obviously, all
movements have pros and cons. But in view of the naturalistic-atheistic
priests we have at the end of the XX century, and the powerful effect they
have on society, I believe the type of debate initiated by the IDers and other
participants is very welcome. Bringing back Galileo and other similar cases
as remainders of what could happen would be just fine if science would have
stopped advancing since then. But it is precisely scientific advances the
ones providing data that beg for an re-evalution of our phylosophy of science
and worldview.

Salutis

Eduardo.