Re: Another Hypothesis (2)

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 20:37:54 -0600

Thank you Eduardo, this is worth listening to.

At 04:51 PM 12/18/97 -0600, Eduardo G. Moros wrote:
>Hypothesis based on the knowledge that Humans and Neanderthals were
contemporaries

======
>Hypothesis (2)
>
>The good thing about an hypothesis is that it will make think. So I've been
>doing a bit more thinking on my inferences based on the fact that Humans and
>Neanderthals lived side-by-side.

The problem with this is that Neanderthal lived on Earth long before
anatomically modern men ever appeared. The earliest Neanderthal was found
at Pontnewydd Cave, England and is dated to 225,000 years ago. (Chris
Stringer and Clive Gamble, In Search of the Neanderthals, (New York: Thames
and Hudson, 1993), p. 66)

The earliest anatomically modern man first appears arond 110-120,000 years
ago at Klasies River Mouth Cave, South Africa. (Donald C. Johanson, Lenora
Johanson, and Blake Edgar, Ancestors, (New York: Villard Books, 1994), p. 239)

Now given this fact, your statements below are totally wrong.

>It is known that some "tools" have been found along with hominid remains.
>Well, it is rather a common occurrance nowadays to see your dog take one of
>your shoes or a wooden instrument such as a good hammer to play with it and
>even bury it for a later snack. So I postulate that the same time of
>ocurrance could have taken place long ago. The humans being a bit smarter
>than their clumsy Neanderthals pets were able to domesticate them. Some of
>these pets, I'm sure, like our contemporary pets liked to play with the
>"tools" humans spent so much time putting together. This is not so hard to
>imagine if one considers that these "tools" were routinely used for defleshing
>animals (and other humans) for consumption. I supposed it is not so hard to
>believe that the smell of blood would have enticed the hominids. Actually,
>even those hominids that were not pets but while beasts probably took such
>tools with them for later snacks. I think I saw an episode where cheeta did
>something similar to Tarzan for which Tarzan was not very happy. I beg you
>pardon me for yet another "Just so" story for the record.

Since the "pet" was found with tools LONG before the "master" arrived on the
scene, it would appear that the 'pet' was making the tools for himself.
Also Homo erectus made tools and he never lived side by side with modern man
(except maybe in Java).

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood