Re: >anthropological news

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 19:42:58 -0600

At 06:19 PM 12/17/97 -0600, Eduardo G. Moros wrote:
>Lions and tigers, cats and dogs, sharks and pirannas, and any other living
>thing that rejoices in eating the flesh of its own kind are according to your
>hypothesis religious beings. Cannibalism among hominids does not necessarily
>implies religion activity. In fact, more likely than not it does not imply
>religion activity. Besides, the poor thing could have just had fallen on a
>rock. This is really pushing it................

Wait a minute. Don't I get to define what my hypothesis is or is that your
job??? I bet you didn't read my cannibalism article either. I would be
willing to bet that you have not read many anthropology books and the
consensus is that cannibalism among humans IS evidence of a complex society
because of the way it is done. It is not a good thing to argue about things
you haven't read a lot about. Read that article then lets discuss it.

And by the way, lions etc don't carve the skulls of their dead into shallow
bowls. And I presume you would hold that those New Guinean natives who got
Kuru from eating the brains of their relatives are not human and were not
engaging in religious activity.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood