Re: The lot is cast ...

Chuck Noren (noren@inetnow.net)
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 14:20:50 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Don Page wrote:

> Even though I don't believe humans have (incompatibilist) free will,
> I agree with Chuck Noren when he wrote (10:35 AM 12/10/97 -0800), "I
> personally don't think that foreknowledge is incompatible with free will"
> (but not with his further statement, "God does not control our choices").

Oh dear! Did I say that? I don't doubt it, I say many rediculous
things. I am a reluctant Calvinist and I am prone to say such
things. I intelletually do disagree with the statement, "God does not
control our choices". I cast my lot with St. Augustine who said
we do God's bidding enterly by His grace. It was reading Martin
Gardner when I was a tender lad about Newcolmb's paradox that planted
that seed in my head, which was brought to fruition when I unwittingly
hung around a crowd of Calvinists.

-Chuck
----
Chuck Noren