Re: textbooks

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Mon, 08 Dec 1997 22:01:35 -0600

Hi Jan,

At 12:22 PM 12/8/97 -0500, Jan de Koning wrote:
>(I first wrote Halo Glenn, and maybe you should have one, but not yet here
>on earth.)

Actually, here in Texas that is about how we pronounce Hello. :-) Halo,
John, Halo Jan, etc.

>How do we build trust, so that we do not have to fight statements of other
>Christians who obviously do not know what they are talking about?

I think I can offer only one possibility to build the trust but many on this
board aren't goind to like it. I have made some progress in getting
young-earthers to listen to me because I advocate a historical Genesis. I
have seen several young-earther's move toward an old earth position because
of htis. Has it been a lot? No. But if one doesn't advocate a historica
early Genesis their suspicions of what is being done to the Bible becomes a
major block to communication. When I was a YEC I worried that the
non-historical approach was merely an admission that the Scripture was not
true. (Indeed, I still worry about that, but that is another argument) It
doesn't do much good to tell a young earth creationist with that concern
that you really aren't doing that to the Bible because they probably aren't
going to believe you.

and

Foundation, Fall and Flood