Re: Separation of science and religion

Karen G. Jensen (kjensen@calweb.com)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 11:40:47 -0600

Tue, 18 Nov 1997 15:11:45 -0500 Jan de Koning wrote:

One of the things I miss in
>the discussions of the relationship of God and creation is the fact that we
>read in Scripture that all of creation is suffering and waiting for the
>revelation of the children of God. Creation was condemned because of teh
>sin of man. We may try to give any exegesis to these words, but it is
>obvious, that these words deal with the natural creation. Yet, in all
>duscussions I miss this important given.

"The creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by
the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will
be liberated from its bondage to decay...." Romans 8:20-21.

Yes, let us get back to our discussion of thorns, parasites, pathogens,
predation, and other such things in nature. They are unpleasant, but part
of reality. I believe this subject gives us a key to understanding genetic
changes in our present world.

Isaiah 5:6-13

Karen