Re: Second law of Thermodynamics

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 20:05:51 -0600

Hi Moorad,

Of the second law, At 03:42 PM 11/18/97, Moorad Alexanian wrote:

>The law deals with isolated systems only. If applied to the universe, the
>law would indicate that the universe began in a highly improbable
>configuration and is evolving into a more probable configuration. This is
>also related to the direction of time. Of course, this is what physicists
>believe. No one has a theory for it.

Let me point out that evolution is exactly in harmony with the 2nd law.
Consider the following genomes of ten animals.

1:
AGGTCCGTGGTAATCTCGATCCTAAGCTTGAACGA
2:
AGGTCCGTGGTAATCTCGATCCTAAGCTTGAACGA
3:
AGGTCCGTGGTAATCTCGATCCTAAGCTTGAACGA
4:
AGGTCCGTGGTAATCTCGATCCTAAGCTTGAACGA
5:
AGGTCCGTGGTAATCTCGATCCTAAGCTTGAACGA
6:
AGGTCCGTGGTAATCTCGATCCTAAGCTTGAACGA
7:
AGGTCCGTGGTAATCTCGATCCTAAGCTTGAACGA
8:
AGGTCCGTGGTAATCTCGATCCTAAGCTTGAACGA
9:
AGGTCCGTGGTAATCTCGATCCTAAGCTTGAACGA
10:
AGGTCCGTGGTAATCTCGATCCTAAGCTTGAACGA

Notice that they are ALL the same. This is a highly IMPROBABLE
circumstance. It is like having all the molecules of air in your room
congregate under your table. It is possible but highly improbable. But
during reproduction copying mistakes (mutations) are made in the genomes of
each animal's offspring. Mutation takes each of these animals and moves
them to the more PROBABLE STATE where their genomes are different and where
their DNA creates different animals. Evolution not only obeys the second law
of thermo; it is DRIVEN by it!!!

Those who say that one genome cannot mutate into another genome are the ones
who are violating the 2nd law.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood