Re: Praclaux Crater and the global flood (fwd)

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Fri, 07 Nov 1997 19:54:01 -0600

Hi Art,

At 08:13 AM 11/7/97 -0800, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:

>Not necessarily true for the shales. We did studies in a sedimentation
>tank in the 1970's in which we deposited successive sand turbidites under a
>water column saturated with mud. We obtained alternating layers of sand
>and mud simultaneously under these circumstances. The mud is depositing
>continuously, and the sand layers represent punctuations in this process.
>We could easily deposit alternating sand and mud layers as fast as we
>wished, all day long.

For small scale in a flume tank I would have no doubt about this. I would
question its scalability. In a global flood you need a constant source of
sand and you don't have a pump to move the water. Do you think you could
reproduce the burrows under the sands in the Haymond formation all day long?

It looks like:

sand

_____ _____________ ____________ ___
|s | |s | |s |