Re: I am not an atheist

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Thu, 06 Nov 1997 07:16:36 -0800

At 10:03 PM 11/5/97 -0600, Glenn wrote:
>I had an odd experience. One fellow on this list was convinced that I am an
>atheist. I want to make it clear to any new comers that I believe in Jesus
>as my Lord and Savior. I believe in a historical Genesis. I also believe
>that Christians MUST pay attention to the observational data. To do
>otherwise removes Christianity from the world. In fact I believe that the
>young-earth creationists are really post-modernists. One can beleive what
>one wants without having to deal with data.
>
>But I am a Christian.

As one who knows Glenn personally, let me state emphatically, the one thing
I have never been led to question about Glenn is his committment to the
Lord. I don't know anyone who has invested more personal expense and
effort in trying to hold on to a literal reading of Scripture. One would
hope that the open exploration of issues that mean a lot to all of us would
not lead us to conclude that those who believe differently than we do on
certain of these issues were not members of the Body of Christ.
Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu