Re: Fall of evolved man

Gordon Tisher (tisher@uniserve.com)
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 16:45:20 -0800 (PST)

Bill,

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Bill Payne wrote:

> Glenn Morton has shown that there isn't enough info in DNA to specify
> the wiring of the brain, yet we are wired to work in the abstract world
> of language. I tend to draw a different conclusion from Glenn and Gordon
> though; I see the gap between information and the final product as
> indirect evidence of those "knitting needles."
>
> Bill

What about the brains of gorillas and dolphins, who are as capable of
abstract language as very young human children? Forigve me, I haven't
been following the brain wiring thread, but since when does DNA need to
contain the information needed to wire a complete adult human brain? Is
it not sufficient to contain the information needed to extend and expand
the brain's wiring in response to other factors? The fractal principle
applies here, I think; that is, it is possible to specify extremely
complex patterns with very simple rules.

A case in point is the Mandelbrot set, an infinitely (literally) detailed,
very organic-looking figure that is produced by the equation z = z^2 + c.
Here's a question for y'all: did God create the Mandelbrot set? Did
humans discover it? Are the properties of mathematics limited only to our
universe, or are they pre-existent in the nature of God? Just a few
simple questions... :-)

Blessings,

Gordon