Re: >Re: Design Flaw in the Brain

Eduardo G. Moros (moros_eg@castor.wustl.edu)
Tue, 04 Nov 1997 19:11:12 -0600

Hi Glenn,

First of all, let's try to narrow the topic lest we get all entangled-up and
people start thinking I'm discussing old-earth geology with you. On the
matter in question, I thought we were talking on the wiring of the brain. On
this subject you may be interested in the recent articles by Bejan. He says
that the "tree" networks in nature are fully "deterministic" in nature. I'll
give you some links below. I'm not 100% sure Bejan's discovery applies in
this case but I think it does. Now before we continue this exchange have in
mind that I have not read the book you read and that I have not read "all" the
posting on the ASA reflector on this subject. I usually concentrate in a
single point and I am usually brief because time is a prime commodity these
days in my career. Now, I am more than willing to carry on a discussion on a
given point. I have said a couple of times the last two days that I see no
connection between your (or Deacon's) argument and darwinian derivatives.

Salu2

News articles: <http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/Dialogue/bejan.711>
<http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/Research/BEJ.html>

Magazine article: <http://www.memagazine.org/contents/current/features/nature/nature.html>

Journal article: <http://ojps.aip.org/AIPcgipath/doc/search-JAPIAU/disk3/journals/journal_cgi/search?KEY=JAPIAU&CURRENT=NO&ONLINE=YES&smode=display&docnum=0&coden=JAPIAU&vol=82&iss=1&page=1&chapter=0&fpage=89&seqno=1&issuedate=July%2B1%2C+1997&journal=Journal+of+Applied+Ph>