Re: Fall of evolved man

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Tue, 04 Nov 1997 07:20:53 -0800

At 12:12 AM 11/4/97 -0600, Glenn wrote:
>No, Christ is not trying to deceive us. A reference to the flood, which
>Christ does mention, does not give enough detail to determine whether he
>beleived in a global or local flood. We are deceiving our selves if we
>think that the Bible teaches either view. The passage CAN be interpreted
>either as global or local, but the YECs insist on global. And yes God did
>create male and female. Does Math 19:4 say HOW God created? No. You are
>reading that INTO the passage and deciding that God only could have created
>as a magician does, by pulling a rabbit out of a hat. By deciding that, you
>are deciding against God creating via evolution which could be likened to
>the way an engineer creates something, i.e. over time or via a genetic
>algorithm.

What would you have God say, that He has not already said to convince you
that the flood was universal, given that the record was written by Moses
3000 years ago? If you are going to take this position, Glenn, you should
at least acknowledge that you are doing so in the face of the most open
reading of the account. While one can develop constructs of logic to allow
most anything with the account, in its pure and unstrained reading, it says
the flood was universal.

Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu