Re: >Re: Design Flaw in the Brain

Eduardo G. Moros (moros_eg@castor.wustl.edu)
Mon, 03 Nov 1997 17:07:26 -0600

Thanks David,

I expected a note regarding "competition". This is indeed a very fruitful
area of research. Recently Dr. Bejan, a mechanical engineer (Ph.D.) like
myself published an article in ME magazine on the structure/priciple of
tree-like networks. He claims that his finding joins biology with physics
very nicely and that the universal tree-like strutures we see everywhere in
nature should be considered as a universal law, when a system grows under
constraints from a point to maximum posible space. A full article was
submitted to Nature, I'm waiting on it, the ME article can be seen at
<http://www.memagazine.org/contents/current/features/nature/nature.html>. I
don't know whether this falls into the "competition category". In any case,
natural selection and competition in no way prove macro-evolution.

Salu2