Re: Inhabitants of the Ark

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Mon, 03 Nov 1997 13:28:38 -0500 (EST)

At 12:42 PM 11/3/97 -0500, Jack Haas wrote:

>Greetings:
>
>There has been much discussion on our list about the geography and geology of
>the flood of Genesis 6-8 butt nothing about the animals and livestock
>that were with Noah and his family on the ark.
>
>It is one thing to read the story to my 3 year old granddaughter from a book
>which pictures the rabbits, lions, pigs, elephants, etc. marching up the
>gangplank 2 by 2. How do I tell the story when she is a teenager with
>a bit of biology and an even more inquisitive mind? It would be good to read
>the Genesis account as we begin.
>
>Blessings,
>Jack Haas

Dear Jack,

If your daughter, a Christian, comes from a biology class and says there is
no God, then religion was taught in that classroom. That is the problem some
biologist may have of making all sorts of claims without specifying very
clearly what assumptions are being made in interpreting the physical data.
What we need is honest science in our classrooms and not propaganda veiled
as science.

Take care,

Moorad