Re: Evolution and Christianity

Allen Roy (allen@InfoMagic.com)
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 14:50:57 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, gordon brown wrote:
> Although many of us have heard of Wellhausen's JEDP theory, I think most
> evangelicals in this country assume Mosaic authorship of the Pentateuch. I
> rarely hear it debated in our circles. Thus we probably don't think much
> about how to defend this view.

Then there is also the position by P.J. Wiseman in his book originally
titled "New Discoveries in Babylonia About Genesis" and also titled
"Clues to Creation in Genesis" and "Ancient Records and the Structure of
Genesis." In his book, Wiseman compares the literary sturcture of
cuneiform tablets with Genesis. He finds several parallels in structure,
and concludes that Moses compiled and edited Genesis from about 11 cuneiform
tablets. Each one representing the history of certain personages.

This is much more satisfying than the Wellhausen JEDP hypothesis. You
can find some good food for thought there.

Allen Roy
Grand Canyon Creationary Geology Tours, see:
http://www.tagnet.org/anotherviewpoint/
Daniel Prophecy Studies:
http://www.tagnet.org/anotherviewpoint/Daniel