Re: T/D #2 (sustenance & concurrence)

Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@UNCWIL.EDU)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:05:03 -0500 (EST)

At 03:20 PM 10/23/97 -0500, Craig Rusbult wrote:
> re; my comment
>>> the main thing that was "spoiled" was our chance for eternal life
>>>(which was offered by God only to humans, as symbolized in the Tree of
>>>Life) until -- as you explain, Keith -- this life was regained for us
>>> by Jesus on the Cross.
>
> Keith W says,
>>'Main' in this sentence is an important modifier. You obviously believe
>>there are others things too? And how is that other spoiling rectified?
>>
>>As you know, I'm convinced that there are other things indicated in the
>>Biblical account. I'm just wanting to be clear what you are saying.
>
> I haven't studied this a lot, but in the second half of Genesis 3 there
>is "more lost" than eternal life; life on earth will be made more difficult
>for *humans*, but I don't see any "general spoiling" of nature in these
>changes. Humans did the sin, and bear the penalties; of course, losing
>eternal life (until the Cross & Resurrection) was the BIG loss.
>
>Craig

One does not know what was before the Fall. It may be that man's fall
brought the whole creation down with it. Of course, Satan was already around
and his fall may have also had serious consequences. But discussions in
these areas are very speculative unless there are some verses that may shade
some light on these difficult questions.

Moorad