RE: Evolution and Christianity

Vandergraaf, Chuck (vandergraaft@aecl.ca)
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 23:54:11 -0400

Glenn,

I didn't mean to imply that the debate about the flood etc. is trivial.
Not at all. My train of thought went as follows: When (not if) we get
to meet the Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, we would have an
opportunity to find out how God did it all. How did He create heaven
and earth, what did it take to deposit km's of volcanic ash in the US
Southwest? The I was struck by the possibility that we may not care
about these things anymore.

I agree with you that we must avoid placing unnecessary roadblocks in
the paths of fellow Christians (this may be analogous to hindering
children from seeing Jesus) . I don't believe for one moment that
failing to hold onto a literal interpretation of the Genesis account
will condemn us to eternal death.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Chuck Vandergraaf