Re: Few Christian Nobelists- why??

Glenn Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 12:02:32 -0500

At 11:58 AM 10/19/97 -0700, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:
>At 12:57 PM 10/19/97 -0400, George wrote:
>
>> Your more fundamental point is profoundly correct. Christians
>>who insist that evolution & Christianity absolutely cannot be compatible
>>should be required to memorize Mk.9:42.
>
>And those who insist that evolution & christiantiy can be compatible should
>be required to memorize the same verse along with Romans 1:22-25.

I would disagree here with my good friend, Art. Saying that I was descended
in part, from a non-human being, is not the same as worshipping the created
things any more than saying I was descended from a man, named George
Washington Morton, is equivalent to worshipping him. Worship of the creation
is a separate item from determining descent. Ancestor worship is certainly
possible and so is worship of nature. But belief in a particular lineal
descent does not force upon one a sense of worshipful awe.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood