>Re: Theism and Science

Eduardo G. Moros (moros_eg@castor.wustl.edu)
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 14:40:35 -0500

I always like to remind myself that we don't really know how long Adam spent
in the Garden before He sin. The text gives the appearance of a short time but in
my opinion could have been billions of years.

Salu2

Re: Theism and Science

Dick Fischer (dfischer@mnsinc.com)
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 14:20:06 -0500

Keith wrote:

>Or maybe any number of other 'maybe's. We could have competition to see
>who could come up with the best Just So Story. I've got a really good one.
>
>Adam was made perfect but he disobeyed God, and God in justifiable wrath
>cursed him. Having endued him with physical perfection and placed him in a
>perfect universe all matched his moral perfection, God now ensured that
>this now morally imperfect being should endure physical imperfections which
>would remind him of what he had become.

I really prefer data and evidence to support my contentions, but since
you're just winging it here, well okay, sounds credible up to this point.

>And the amazing thing is that God
>wanted the human race to have these reminders as part of a huge plan aimed
>at his ultimate goal the restoration of the race to its intended
>perfection.

The human race predates Adam for starters, and mankind is not the only
species that suffers from genetic disorders. We have about 3.8 billion
years of animal evolution with genetic mistakes part of the reproductive
package. Along comes Adam about 7,000 year ago and goofs up. There
is zero correlation between genetic disease and Original Sin.

>Far fetched I know, and impossible because we all know that saltations
>don't happen, but wouldn't it be great if were it true!

I can think of a lot of things that would be great if they were true.

Dick Fischer
THE ORIGINS SOLUTION
http://www.orisol.com