Re: Classification scheme for ID debate

Keith Walker (Keith_R_Walker@compuserve.com)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 08:54:29 -0400

George Murphy writes:
> But there is no reason to think that all the events you note are
>miraculous in the "supernatural" sense. Yes, the Holy Spirit works
>faith, gives charisms &c - but much of what takes place can be described
>& to some extent explained in terms of psychology. N.B. - this doesn't
>mean the Spirit doesn't do them, any more than healing through surgery
>takes place without God.

I'm not sure how psychological causes can explain the source of the
_information_ in Biblical prophecy.

It seems to me that some of the clearest cases of intervention in the Bible
are prophecies, and that this may suggest that announcements of divine
speech should be examined as possible indications of intervention, at the
very least through the insertion of information not already present in the
natural order. 'And God said,...and God said,... and God said...'!

Keith Walker