Re: Oldest Plant species?

Arthur V. Chadwick (chadwicka@swac.edu)
Tue, 07 Oct 1997 07:25:24 -0700

Glenn :
You wrote:

>But one thing seems problematical to the global flood view: If the fossil
>record is the remains of the preflood world, why are there so few living
>forms found in the fossil record?

If yu are going to insist that preflood organisms remain postflood
unchanged, you have lost me. In Genesis 3, God Himself declares all nature
is going to change because of the fall. As a scientist who gives credence
to the biblical account, I would have to see change. Far from alarming me
it is required. But the limits fo change are also recorded. In Hawaii,
for instance, there are more endemic forms than anywhere else even though
the Hawaiian chain is fairly recent geologically. THere are by some
estimates over 600 species of Drosophila that are endemic to the Hawaiian
Islands. They are still all Drosophila. Likewise for the plants. Thus
creationists are more evolutionary than evolutionists, considering the time
frame, but they just stick closer to the data, not getting lost in
speculating about what might have happened to give rise to the first
Drosophila, etc.

Art
http://chadwicka.swau.edu