Re: a simple test of Flood geology

Allen Roy (allen@InfoMagic.com)
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 18:58:26 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Arthur V. Chadwick wrote:
> >Did you take this into account in your procedures, or follow Doher to the
> >letter? ]
> I don't even know who Doher is. I used standard palynological procedures.

Doher is L. Imogene Doher the author of Geological Survey Circular
830 - "Palynomorph Preparation Procedures Currently Used in the
Paleontology and Stratigraphy Laboratories." U.S. Geological Survey

> I don't knowe who Howe consulted, but any palynologist knows pollen is not
> silicified. It is preserved because the waxy material of which the exine
> is composed is practically indestructible by any chemical or physical means
> apart from temperature. His comment makes no sense.

I read that sporopollenin is best preserved in anaerobic-base
environments, however can survive in some anaerobic/acid
environments. It are least likely to survive in an oxidating
environment like weathered/red porous rocks/soils. My question is this,
if sporopollenin is quite invulnerable to most acids, why is it easily
weathered in an oxidizing environment?

And, if it is in an (wow, 5 two letter words in a row!) oxidating,
growndwater enviroment, what is to keep the sporopollenin from becoming
silicified? (assuming the oxidating environment contained disolved
silicates.)

Allen Roy
Grand Canyon Creationary Geology Tours, see:
http://www.tagnet.org/anotherviewpoint/
Daniel Prophecy Studies:
http://www.tagnet.org/anotherviewpoint/Daniel