Re: FW: many worlds

Glenn Morton (grmorton@mail.isource.net)
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 08:16:37 -0500

At 08:43 AM 9/19/97 -0400, Jim Taggart wrote:
>We don't need the existence of many universes to raise this question.
>We will have the same problem if [when] intelligent life is discovered
>somewhere else in the universe, especially if they have their own
>religion(s).
>
>IMHO, Christ is the way God chose to deal with his people on THIS world
>(and any other worlds we may eventually be able to influence). How He
>chooses to deal with other worlds (or universes) is His choice. It
>should not affect my faith in any way.

Just out of curiousity, and not that I know how to handle the discovery of
life on other planets, how does your argument in this regard differ from one
that I have heard about our planet: Christianity is the way God chose to
deal with western culture, and Buddhism is the way God chose to deal with
the eastern culture? I have more comfort with using the world as a
demarcation point, but that assumes that there is a logical difference
between cultures on our planet and cultures on another. Perchance "species"
would be a better demarcator than planet.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood