Re: a simple test of Flood geology

Allen Roy (allen@InfoMagic.com)
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 23:18:10 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Paul Arveson wrote:
> Under the
> creationist Flood hypothesis, all of the pre-existing species were alive at
> the same time. Therefore the soil, air and water could contain any pollen
> from anywhere, with a finite probability. Once these are mixed, there is
> nothing that a flood, or any series of floods could do to separate them.
> The resulting geologic column would show a more or less continuous mixture
> of all species.

It depends upon ones concept of the Flood. As I stated before, if one
conceives of the Flood as a monumental, homogenous mess then it would be
hard to find a means by which apparent sorting would occure. On the
other had a catastrophe composed of thousands of events it may be
possible to get pollens captured and deposited in apparent organization.

Allen Roy
Grand Canyon Creationary Geology Tours, see:
http://www.tagnet.org/anotherviewpoint/