Re: What identifies a human? (DNA? Artifacts? ....)

Glenn Morton (grmorton@psyberlink.net)
Wed, 05 Mar 1997 20:53:25 -0600

At 01:24 PM 3/5/97 -0800, thompm@rpi.edu wrote:
>Glenn Morton wrote:

>> Did you not read the first sentence in my post which I specifically excluded
>> brother/sister marriage?
>>
>> glenn
>
>But is the prohibition against brothers and sisters intermarrying
>effective at this time? I do not think it is.

The Scripture is totally silent on whether or not brother/sister marriages
were taboo at that time. I was trying to point out to Dr. Frix that he was
criticising what I has specifically assumed.

Now, As to whether or not such marriages were permitted no one knows. But
any good breeder trying to rebuild a population from a few founders will
tell you, you are better off to only allow the most distantly related
individuals breed. In the case of the Ark survivors, it can only be as
distant as cousins.

glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood