Re: try two/missing day

Murphy (gmurphy@imperium.net)
Wed, 05 Mar 1997 06:46:52 -0500

Bob Manweiler (RMANWEILER@EXODUS.VALPO.EDU) wrote:

> Indeed the change in articles is
> distinct between he (Nebuchadnezzar) and they (many nations).

> In any case, I was struck that indeed Nebuchadnezzar did sack the old City OLD
> TYRE, but that they relocated on the island, with the OLD city left in
>ruin.

As I noted earlier, it is artificial to try to distinguish in
Ch.26 between what N & what "the nations" will do. & the 2d statement
here is simply wrong.
I am not trying to be deliberately obtuse or sceptical in my
thinking on the whole meaning of prophecy & fulfillment in Scripture
instead of trying to figure out subtle ways which allow one to hold on
to a straight prediction model of all prophecies.
George Murphy