Re: death of evolution?

Murphy (gmurphy@imperium.net)
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 21:01:23 -0500

tdavis@mcis.messiah.edu wrote:

> This last comment leads me to ask a question I would have
> raised, had I been part of the conference. Let's suppose
> that a prominent jurist, call him Phil, had been assigned
> to be the prosecuting judge at an important homicide
> trial, let's call it the Simpson trial for lack of a
> better name. Suppose that one of the defense attorneys,
> call him Johnny, had suggested that the devil made his
> client do it. Would Phil accept that defense? I strongly
> suspect he wouldn't. I suspect that, down deep, Phil
> would turn out to be a methodological naturalist, at least
> in his courtroom.

> If Phil is listening, I'd love to have his comments. If
> not, can someone answer for him?

I disavow any intention of speaking for "Phil", but do want to
comment that a tremendous amount of discussion by Christians in this
area is simply pointless because of inability to distinguish between
primary and secondary causation. It reminds me of people arguing over
whether Abraham Lincoln was killed by John Wilkes Booth or by a bullet.
George Murphy