Re: Anyone know this book?

Murphy (gmurphy@imperium.net)
Mon, 07 Oct 1996 12:54:57 -0400

Bill Dozier wrote:

> While we're on the subject, is anyone familiar with Starlight_and_Time, by
> a fellow named Humphreys?

Yes. This is an attempt to reconcile a literal 6 day creation
account a la Gen.1 with a general relativistic cosmological model.
Humphreys is a physicist and seems to know what he's talking about in
this area, at least as far as the technical aspects are concerned. I
have to admire his audacity & ingenuity, but I don't think it works.
E.g., he has to have God miraculously bring about a large cosmological
constant one Day 2 (p.124). But of course once you start doing that
sort of thing, it's all up for grabs.
George