Re: Racism & origins

Stephen F. Schaffner (sschaff@MAILBOX.SLAC.Stanford.EDU)
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 15:13:06 -0800 (PST)

Someone wrote:

> >I guess in the more extreme cases, white supremicists hold that spiritual
> >potential is tied to how light your skin is. A convenient measure, though
> >not particularly logical.
> >
> >Also, the white supremicists probably hold to a young earth.

John Miller replied:

> What implication does the last statement have? They probably also brush
> their teeth. Should we knock ours out? ;>)

The only implication I saw in the last statement was that white
supremecists are unlikely to care about the effect of a million
years of genetic mixing between spiritual and nonspiritual "humans",
since they believe that humans (along with the rest of the world)
have only been around for a few thousand years.

Steve Schaffner sschaff@slac.stanford.edu
Opinions expressed may be mine, and || Immediate assurance is an excellent sign
may not be those of SLAC, || of probable lack of insight into the
Stanford University, or the DOE. || topic. Josiah Royce