RE: YEC< OEC, PC, TE, etc.

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 16:09:50 -0500

At 1:10 PM 3/13/96 -0500, Peter Vibert wrote:

> Anyone who had association with Gordon-Conwell Seminary's OT Dept. in the
>last 3 decades learned from Meredith Kline that holding to the historicity
>of Gen 1-11 is essential, but does not demand that Gen 1 be interpreted as
>either sequential or chronological. The recent issue of PSCF has a review
>by Kline of his position, and refers also to his seminal 1950s paper
>"Because It Had Not Rained" which argued for the presence of
>"natural/providential" processes at work within the Gen 1-2 narrative.

I have read this paper and hope others will too. While I'm apparently too
"theologically impaired" to be able to follow everything he says, I will
read it at least once more, look up some definitions, and hope others will
be interested in discussing it.

Bill Hamilton | Chassis & Vehicle Systems
GM R&D Center | Warren, MI 48090-9055
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX)
hamilton@gmr.com (office) | whamilto@mich.com (home)