Re: YEC, OEC, PC, TE, etc.

jeffery lynn mullins (jmullins@wam.umd.edu)
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 10:11:39 -0500 (EST)

Paul,

Actually, I think that we can judge world views from the perspective of an
outside observer, even though we are all embedded in a world view. The
laws of logic and reason and clear special revelation in the Scripture, in
my opinion, are universal and objective enough to adjudicate between world
views. Thus, I do not buy into Quine's view of not being able to judge
the truth or falsity of different world views because of being stuck with
an understanding incommensurate with other world views. This view leads
ultimately to a radical relativism, and is the root of Thomas Kuhn's
thinking.

Maybe this mis-represents what you were trying to say, though. (It was a
brief comment without much detail.) I know from earlier posts that you
do not agree with Kuhnian relativism.