Re: YEC, OEC, PC, TE, etc.

Paul Arveson (arveson@oasys.dt.navy.mil)
Tue, 12 Mar 96 13:18:57 EST

In message <Pine.LNX.3.91.960311200739.11176F-100000@linux4.ph.utexas.edu>
Stephen Froehlich writes:

> What first attracted me to Christianity, in fact, is that it was so
> much more than a world view but was a relationship in which one could
> evaluate various world views and deal with them knowing they didn't
> matter in the end. Christianity, of course, excldes ceratin world views
> (e.g. strict relativism, or strict naturalism) but why are we so
> concerned about secondary issues when the issue is how and when does God
> make his love for us manifest and how do we deal with those events?
>
> In his love,
> Stephen

Dear Stephen:

That's right! In fact, that's why thoughtful theologians like James Houston
prefer to speak of a "life-world" than a world view (which implies the old Greek
idea of an autonomous outside observer), or "standing-under" instead of
"understanding".

Paul Arveson, Research Physicist
73367.1236@compuserve.com arveson@oasys.dt.navy.mil
(301) 227-3831 (W) (301) 227-1914 (FAX) (301) 816-9459 (H)
Code 724, NSWC, Bethesda, MD 20084