Re: 'The Missing Day...'

H. Paul Jacobson (hpj3@u.washington.edu)
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 10:32:09 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996 HVANTILL@legacy.Calvin.EDU wrote:
> This story has all of the characteristics of mischievous fabrication. And
> when mischievously fabricated fables are presented as truth in the name of
> Christian belief, the real Gospel gets another black eye.
>
> In 1970 we asked for documentation of the claims made in this particular
> fable. In response we were told stories of the sort, "The documentation has
> been lost. The computer program has been destroyed. ...etc."

The person who posted the Spencer account found a couple of WEB references.

http://bbs.cresnet.org/library/bstudy/bs/bibl22.txt

This has the Spencer account as well as some followup from the
Minneapolis Star. That quotes Hill as saying:
. Since this event came to my attention about two years ago, I have
misplaced the source information. I can only say that had I not
considered the source to be completely reliable, I would not have used
it in the first place. I am interested in facts, not fiction.

http://tommy.jsc.nasa.gov/~woodfill/SPACEED/SEHHTML/still.html

This one uses the 'missing day' as a springboard for an educational
exercise, with study questions (how could it happen? would the sun
standing still be the only noticible effect? etc).