Re: ASA: Children's resources?

Peter Vibert (peter@hydra.rose.brandeis.edu)
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 13:05:09 -0500

>Don DeGraaf wrote:
>The 1995 Christmas gift catalog from Reasons to Believe lists several
>books that Hugh Ross selected as being especially appropriate for kids.
>Address: Reasons to Believe, P.O. Box 5978, Pasadena, CA 91117. To
>order, you can call 1-800-482-7836; FAX 818-852-0178 .
>Hope you can find some things you can use.

WWW-surfers might want to check out the Reasons to Believe Home Page at
http://www.reasons.org/reasons/

Their "Catalog" has some interesting children's materials (though nothing
explicitly dealing with dinosaurs/evolution...)

In their "Resources" you can read back issues of Facts and Faith newsletter...
here's a piece from "Letters" in the 2nd qtr 1995 issue:

>". . . My mother is home schooling us now, and one of the books we read was
>your Creator and the Cosmos. My brother Patrick and I had to read through
>rather slowly. I'm fifteen and Pat's thirteen. . . . We had trouble
>understanding some of it, but we both got most of it. Mom would have us read
>about two pages a day then write half a page about those pages. . . . We
>enjoyed it, and a couple of analogies, like the watchmaker and the
>flatlanders, made so much sense it was funny!"

I'm with those who see the need and opportunity for ASA people to produce
more "popular level" materials. Maybe our Home Page can become as
"attractive" to inquirers as Hugh Ross's... though it would mean a greater
investment of time than we can ask of Terry Gray. Who has time and talent
for this?

Peter Vibert