Re: ASA: Children's resources?

Glenn Morton (GRMorton@gnn.com)
Tue, 05 Mar 1996 17:52:08

>Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 12:13:02 -0500
>From: PMJAQUA@pwinet.upj.com
>Sender: owner-asa@udomo.calvin.edu
>To: asa@calvin.edu, "Scott A. Oakman" <oakma001@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
>Subject: Re: ASA: Children's resources?
>
>Scott,
> I asked for the same sort of info as you are seeking on another
>e-mail list. No one seemed to be able to name any children's books on
>origins that did not hold to either a YECS viewpoint or a "no god"
>viewpoint. I hope that someone somewhere does know of a Christian
>children's book about origins, dinosaurs, etc. that isn't YECS oriented.
>If there isn't one who might be able to produce one?

Having recently been through the mill trying to find a publisher for a
theistic evolutionary manuscript, I can assure you that the conservative
Christian publishers will not publish anything that does not follow the YEC
line. This is not just an idiological problem. It is a marketing problem.
Nationwide, how many Christian parents (or really what percentage) do you
think want to buy a book which tells their children they are a reptiles
great-great-........great-grandson?

Of course the opinnions are mine. I wrote them didn't I?