RE: Objectivity

Steve Anonsen/GPS (Steve_Anonsen/GPS.GPS@gps.com)
1 Mar 96 9:19:48 EDT

On 2/29/96 Don DeGraaf wrote:

>The note I posted on Feb. 27 on this subject drew attention to the new
>book by Del Ratzsch, "The Battle of Beginnings." I stated, "It holds
>promise of assisting all of us to raise the level of dialogue in the C-E
>Debate." That comment did _not_ imply any criticism of the recent
>postings by others in discussions on this BB.
>
>In fact, I find the comments on the subject of Objectivity by Paul
>Arveson, Jeff Mullins, Mac McDonald and Paul Adams, among others, very
>helpful in getting a perspective on ways to work toward better dialogue
>with a variety of folks whose views differ from mine. I see Ratzsch's
>book as a promising aid to all who want to move in that direction.

I agree on both counts.

Last summer I attended a seminar Del did covering many of the ideas in his
book. I found it both a very useful overview of the history of the philosophy
of science (is that a field? :-)) and an insightful application of that
information to the question of origins. I'd definitely recommend it.

Steve Anonsen