Re: The Wedge of Truth : Splitting the Foundations of Naturalism ...

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 08:38:10 EDT

    Dianeroy@peoplepc.com wrote:

    > ************** Some of the men associated with
    > Dr. Johnson are world class scientists. He has
    > not only learned from them but has read voluminously
    > himself from the evolutionary material. What CC is
    > really saying is that he does not like what Dr.
    > Johnson has learned, and disagrees with his
    > conclusions. In CC's mind this then makes
    > Dr. Johnson (take your pick or choose all...)
    > stupid, ignorant, deceitful, deceived.

    Just a little reminder here. In Japan there was a group of otherwise
    intelligent people, some graduates of University of Tokyo (the top
    university in Japan) who were involved with the imfamous Aum
    Church of Supreme Truth (Aum Shinrikyou in Japanese). For those
    of you who might not know what that is, it was the cult whose top
    members planted the sarin gas in the subway trains.

    I am not saying that Dr. Johnson is a Shoko Asahara. However,
    arguments from authority and credential are not (in of themselves)
    legitimate criteria for establishing "truth".

    by Grace we do proceed
    Wayne