Re: Flood

From: RDehaan237@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 05:28:32 EDT

    In a message dated 6/22/2000 10:22:37 PM, burgy@compuserve.com writes:

    << Keenan wrote:

    " Have others read this book and do you find

    it a helpful contribution to the flood debate?"

    Burgy wrote:

    "I read it -- then bought it. Found it highly credible.

    Glenn did not. He is much more conservative

    than me however, searching for more coherence between

    actual earth history and scripture than I need to have."

    Burgy >>

    I too read the book, and found it more credible than Glenn's flood theory.
    His is much like Ryan and Pitman's, except that it takes place in the basin
    of the Mediterranean millions of years ago rather than in the Black Sea
    thousands of years ago. The time frame of _Noah's Flood_ fits the Biblical
    account better. There are too many problems with Glenn's theory, not the
    least of which is that there is no way to verify his highly problematic idea
    that human life existed in the desiccated, scorching basin of the Med before
    it was refilled.

    Bob