Re: Ideas / suggestions? /

From: Matt Danowski (MJD@cbsnews.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 13:02:36 EDT

    Re: Ideas / suggestions? /

    Perhaps your Hi-8 cameraman was onto something....

    In the early 80's, musician/producer Brian Eno made a number of "video art"
    pieces that he shot in the "vertical format" (rooftops, beach scenes, female body
    builders) He said that he hated tape drop-outs, and felt that this format made
    them look like raindrops.... and he was right!

    Matt D.

    >>> "Skelton, Kim" <kskelton@asante.org> 6/7/00 8:11 am >>>
    I had a friend bring in a home video to edit for a project he is working on.
    It was shot with a Sony Hi-8 (home user model #?) As I was digitizing it I
    noticed that the majority of the footage was shot sideways. The guy behind
    the camera told him that the editor could fix it.

    I know I can rotate it in After Effects and resize it but I am talking about
    20 minutes worth of footage here. I looked for away to rotate it in Xpress
    2.2 but could only get it to flip - flop or just flip!

    Is there any suggestions? I finally suggested that I go with him to
    re-shoot the film.

    Any hints and ideas are appreciated.

    Kim

    Kim Skelton
    Media Coordinator
    Smullin Health Center / Asante Health System
    kskelton@asante.org
    541-608-5915
    fax 541-680-5853