Re: Methane in the late Archean

From: glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 14:17:03 EDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "George Murphy" <gmurphy@raex.com>
    To: "glenn morton" <mortongr@flash.net>
    Cc: <PHSEELY@aol.com>; <adam@crowl.webcentral.com.au>; <asa@calvin.edu>
    Sent: Monday, June 05, 2000 11:23 AM
    Subject: Re: Methane in the late Archean

    > The Bhagavad Gita isn't a witness to Jesus Christ (which doesn't mean it's
    > of no value at all). The Old & New Testaments are (which doesn't require
    that they
    > all be accurate science by A.D. 2000 standards). Glenn may reply, "How do
    we know that
    > what it says about Jesus is correct if we can't trust its statements about
    the Flood
    > &c?" - & then anyone who is interested can replay the tapes of our
    previous debates

    Don't you see that what you have is a great tautology. The Bible is the true
    witness of God's activities as long as the Bible is the true witness of
    God's activites. To me that is what you and Paul's position asks one to
    accept. And I always want to scream that the Hindu can say that The
    Bhagavad-Gita is the true record of God's activities because the
    Bhagavad-Gita is the true record of God's acitivities, as well! So we all
    stand there saying that our religion is true because our religion is true.
    Big deal. Meaningless statement.
    glenn

    Foundation, Fall and Flood
    Adam, Apes and Anthropology