Re: Methane in the late Archean

From: glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2000 - 00:58:25 EDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: <PHSEELY@aol.com>
    To: <adam@crowl.webcentral.com.au>
    Cc: <asa@calvin.edu>
    Sent: Monday, June 05, 2000 7:13 AM
    Subject: Re: Methane in the late Archean

    > Adam,
    >
    > I appreciate that you are not a classical concordist; but, with regard to
    > science in the Bible I see only divine accommodation to the science of the
    > times, so reject all concordism. That leaves the spiritual message
    without
    > rival.

    Or meaningless. Did God accommodate himself to the science in the Bhagavad
    Gita? or the the science of the Dogon peoples? If God accommodates to one,
    what is to keep him from accommodating to all? And it doesn't seem to me to
    be any good to say that the Bible tells us he doesn't accommodate to all
    because that itself might be an accommodation.

    glenn

    Foundation, Fall and Flood
    Adam, Apes and Anthropology
    http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm