Science is about explanation. Religion is about meaning
Advent - the time of year when Christians prepare to celebrate Christmas - is traditionally a
period of reflection.
This year, however, some will see it as a time for focussing on the need for hope in the midst
of a darkening economic situation. How can we keep going, when economically and perhaps
socially things may become so much worse?
Others, especially within the churches, will be aware of the continuing onslaught of anti-Christian
rhetoric, most notably from the so-called "New Atheists". Why talk of Christmas when any idea
of God is misguided? Science, we are confidently told, has buried God. But has it? ...
- Stunning Recovery for First Child to Get Stem Cell Trachea
- Molecule found that inhibits recovery from stroke
- Light-activated brain cells boost monkey skills
- Savanna Chimps Exhibit Human-Like Sharing Behavior, Anthropologists Say
- Switching the State of Matter May Provide a Novel Building Block for Ultra Low Power Devices
- Ion selectivity in neuronal signaling channels evolved twice in animals
- Men with prostate cancer more likely to die from other causes
- Key function of protein discovered for obtaining blood stem cells as source for transplants