ASA member Peter Hess
- Whole-Person Education
- About Science and Faith
- Astronomy and Cosmology
- Bible and Science
- Creation and Evolution
- Historical Studies
- Origin of Life
- Physical Science
- Psychology and Neuroscience
- Science and Technology Ministry
- RATE Project
What does the ASA believe?
As an organization, the ASA does not take a position when there is honest disagreement between Christians on an issue. We are committed to providing an open forum where controversies can be discussed without fear of unjust condemnation. Legitimate differences of opinion among Christians who have studied both the Bible and science are freely expressed within the Affiliation in a context of Christian love and concern for truth.
Our platform of faith has four important planks:
- We accept the divine inspiration, trustworthiness and authority of the Bible in matters of faith and conduct.
- We confess the Triune God affirmed in the Nicene and Apostles' creeds which we accept as brief, faithful statements of Christian doctrine based upon Scripture.
- We believe that in creating and preserving the universe God has endowed it with contingent order and intelligibility, the basis of scientific investigation.
- We recognize our responsibility, as stewards of God's creation, to use science and technology for the good of humanity and the whole world.
These four statements of faith spell out the distinctive character of the ASA, and we uphold them in every activity and publication of the Affiliation.